Effective 06/22/2021, Planning and Environmental Review physical offices are open by appointment only.
The Building Assistance Center will reopen on June 21, 2021. Appointments with the Office of Planning and Environmental Review will be available on June 22, 2021 for limited services. The appointment system is currently for general planning information and application submittal only. Click here to schedule an appointment.
Below is information on how to receive Planning related services. As processes change, this information will be updated:
- Public Inquiries - Please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for information and prior to initiating an inquiry.
- Appointments – Specific public information and project submittal appointments will be available starting on June 22, 2021. Staff is available for in-person and remote meetings; contact your lead planner to schedule a meeting or click here for more information on appointment and general services provided.
- Application Submittals – PER will continue accepting all Planning application types by email. Please review our Application Forms page for online application submittal procedures. Application fees can now be paid online. Research/Zoning Verification/Substantial Compliance Determination Requests can now be applied for online.
- Application Resubmittals - For resubmittal of project materials that have already been assigned a control number, please e-mail your lead planner for directions on resubmittal.Staff contact information can be found on our Contact Us webpage.
- Public Hearings and Meetings – Most public meetings are now being conducted online. Please visit our Planning Meetings webpage for more information.
About UsPlanning and Environmental Review (PER) provides a range of land use planning services, including:
- Accepting and processing land use development applications
- Assessing environmental impacts and preparing environmental documents
- Monitoring mitigation actions
- Oversight of Countywide policy and standards through the General Plan and Zoning Code maintenance and updating.
Building Assistance Center
Location: 827 7th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, 1st Floor
Map to Building /
Map to Parking
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m,
by appointment only
Frequently Asked Questions
*Please review FAQ prior to intiating an inquiry.*