Effective 3/18/20, Planning and Environmental Review physical offices are CLOSED until further notice; however, services remain available on a modified basis.
In this time of emergency, the Office of Planning and Environmental Review is committed to serve the public. We appreciate your patience as we revise our processes to better serve you. While our public counters are closed, below is information on how to receive Planning related services. As processes change, this information will be updated:
- Public Inquiries - Planning and zoning questions shall be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the FAQ prior to intiating an inquiry.
- Appointments – All appointments will be by conference call. To schedule an appointment call (916) 874-6141 for assistance or if you know the staff person you want to meet with, email them directly to schedule a conference call. Staff contact information can be found on our Contact Us webpage.
- Application Submittals – On a temporary basis, PER will be accepting all Planning application types by email. Please review our Application Forms page for online application submittal procedures. Application fees can now be paid online. Research/Zoning Verification/Substantial Compliance Determination Requests can now be applied for online.
- Application Resubmittals - For resubmittal of project materials that have already been assigned a control number, please e-mail your lead planner for directions on resubmittal.Staff contact information can be found on our Contact Us webpage.
- Public Hearings and Meetings – We do not currently have a schedule for taking items to public meetings and hearings. We will provide information as it becomes available.
About UsPlanning and Environmental Review (PER) provides a range of land use planning services, including:
- Accepting and processing land use development applications
- Assessing environmental impacts and preparing environmental documents
- Monitoring mitigation actions
- Oversight of Countywide policy and standards through the General Plan and Zoning Code maintenance and updating.
Building Assistance Center
Location: 827 7th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, 1st Floor
Map to Building /
Map to Parking
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
*Please review FAQ prior to intiating an inquiry.*