Planning and Environmental Review Application Forms

Application Submittal, Payment, and Appointments

PER will be accepting all Planning application types by email at

  • ​Please review our E-Filing Instructions​​​​​ prior to submittal, as this is an evolving service. Nondiscretionary Design Review projects should refer to additional specific guidance on the Design Review Program page.​ ​
  • Zoning Verification Letters (including Research Requests and 'Burn Down' Letters) and Substantial Compliance Determination Requests may now be submitted online through the  Accela Citizen Access (ACA) Portal​ utilizing the ACA Submittal Instructions​. These are the only application types currently accepted through this system. If you wish to submit by email, utilize the applicable form in the list below.
  • All application fees may now be paid online, through the County's Accela Citizen Access Portal​.  Please review the ​Applicant Payment Instructions​​.  

For further assistance with application forms or the email submittal process, please email For general zoning inquiries, please contact our general information email at​. ​

​Limited in-person counter appointments are available for application submittals. Schedule an a​ppointment​.

Pre-Application Review Forms

  • CPAC Early Workshop Request Form. This form provides the applicant with an opportunity to present and receive community feedback at a CPAC (Community Planning Advisory Council) meeting regarding their proposed project prior to submitting a formal application with the Planning and Environmental Review Division.
  • Pre-Application ​Meeting Form (PAM)​. A PAM is a 45-minute meeting with representatives of the Planning and Environmental Review Division, Site Improvement and Permits Division, and the Department of Transportation to review development proposals prior to the submittal of formal applications. Submittal of a PAM does not meet the requirements of a “Preliminary Application” for purposes of SB 330 (Housing Crisis Act of 2019).  Applicants desiring SB330 benefits must submit a “Housing Crisis Act of 2019-SB 330 Preliminary Application” form available on this webpage.

General Planning Application and Supplemental Forms

Design Review Application Forms

Housing Legislation Application Forms

Temporary Use Permit Forms

Zoning Verification/Planning Research/Substantial Compliance Requests

Miscellaneous Planning and Environmental Forms

Planning and Enviro​mental Fees​​

Examples of Exhibits for Specific Entitlements

Parcel numbers may be obtained from the Assessor's website at, by calling their office at (916) 875-0700 , or by visiting in person at 3636 American River Drive, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA.​​​​​​​