Application Submittal and Payment (Updated May 21, 2020)
On a temporary basis, PER will be accepting all Planning application types by email at
- Please review our E-Filing Instructions prior to submittal, as this is an evolving service. Nondiscretionary Design Review projects should refer to additional specific guidance on the Design Review Program page.
- Zoning Verification Letters (including Research Requests and 'Burn Down' Letters) and Substantial Compliance Determination Requests may now be submitted online through the Accela
Citizen Access (ACA) Portal utilizing the ACA Submittal Instructions. These are the
only application types currently accepted through this system. If you wish to submit by email, utilize the applicable form in the list below.
- All application fees may now be paid online, through the County's Accela Citizen Access Portal. Please review the Applicant Payment Instructions.
For further assistance with application forms or the email submittal process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For general zoning inquiries, please contact our general information email at email@example.com.
Pre-Application Review Forms
CPAC Early Workshop Request Form. This form provides the applicant with an opportunity to present and receive community feedback at a CPAC (Community Planning Advisory Council) meeting regarding their proposed project prior to submitting a formal application with the Planning and Environmental Review Division.
- Pre-Application Meeting Form (PAM). A PAM is a 45-minute meeting with representatives of the Planning and Environmental Review Division, Site Improvement and Permits Division, and the Department of Transportation to review development proposals prior to the submittal of formal applications. Submittal of a PAM does not meet the requirements of a “Preliminary Application” for purposes of SB 330 (Housing Crisis Act of 2019). Applicants desiring SB330 benefits must submit a “Housing Crisis Act of 2019-SB 330 Preliminary Application” form available on this webpage.
General Planning Application and Supplemental Forms
Design Review Application Forms
General Application Form Packet: This packet contains the basic application required for most entitlement applications, except for those listed in the Sections below.
- Supplemental Applications (Submit form(s) below, as needed, in addition to the General Application Packet. Please also review the Design Review Programs page for supplemental applications, as needed.)
Housing Streamlining Forms
Temporary Use Permit Forms
Zoning Verification/Planning Research/Substantial Compliance Requests
Miscellaneous Planning and Environmental Forms
Planning and Environmental Fees
Examples of Exhibits for Specific Entitlements
Parcel numbers may be obtained from the Assessor's website at
www.assessor.saccounty.net, by calling their office at (916) 875-0700 , or by visiting in person at 3701 Power Inn Road, Suite 3000, Sacramento, CA.