Beginning June 22, 2021, the Office of Planning and Environmental Review (PER) will resume public counter service on a limited basis for in-person appointments at the Downtown Building Assistance Center (BAC) located at 827 7th Street, Room 102, Sacramento, CA 95814. Please note that in-person meetings are by appointment only. No walk-in appointments are available at this time, but same day appointments may be scheduled.
The following appointment types may be scheduled:
- General inquiries (20 minutes)
- Affidavits, including DMV/HUD/ABC sign-offs (20 minutes)
- Application submittals for the following:
- Administrative permits (Minor Use Permits, Temporary Use Permits, Short-Term Rentals, Certificates of Non-Conforming Use, Zoning Verification Letters, Substantial Compliances, Research Requests, etc.) (30 minutes)
- Non-discretionary Design Review (30 minutes)
- Entitlements Non-Administrative (General Plan Amendments, Rezones, Use Permits, Special Development Permits, Tentative Maps, Development Plan Reviews, etc.) (60 minutes)
- Pre-application Meetings and Early Community Planning Advisory Council (CPAC) Workshops (20 minutes)
- Planning review of over-the-counter building permit sign-off/review by PER only. You must have a building permit Control Number (CBNR, CBNC, APPR, MISC, etc.) for this type of permit (20 minutes)
Please prepare to arrive on time for your appointment. Arrivals later than 5 minutes from the schedule appointment time are subject to cancellation.
The online appointment system is only for the above listed PER appointment types for properties located in the unincorporated areas of the County. For other services provided by PER, please see the links below. For appointments or open counter hours for other departments, please visit the Sacramento County Public Services webpage.
PER Appointments and Services Not Listed Above
Many general questions can be answered by reviewing our FAQ page. Please see our other services listed below.
- Electronic Application submittal: PER will continue to accept application submittals and payment online. For information on online application submittals, please visit our Applications webpage.
- Projects in process that have been assigned a County Control Number: please contact the assigned planner for any questions or to schedule an in-person or remote meeting. Contact us at (916) 874-6141 if you do not know who the assigned planner is. A Control Number is needed to determine the assigned planner.
- Tree Permits Submittal procedures – visit our Tree webpage - Trees@saccounty.net.
- Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (WELO) and landscape plans – Landscape@saccounty.net.
- Mitigation Monitoring & Reporting Program (MMRP) – MMRP@saccounty.net.
- South Sacramento Habitat Conservation Plan (SSHCP) - SSHCP@saccounty.net.
- All other inquires and services call (916) 874-6141