Notice: January 1st through January 16th, 2023, Planning and Environmental Review offices, including the Building Assistance Center - Planning Counter, will be temporarily closed to the public. Staff will be working remotely. For specific entitlement/project inquiries, please contact Project Managers directly. For general assistance or questions, please email SacPlan@saccounty.gov.
Beginning January 17th, 2023, Planning and Environmental Review (PER) public counter services will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Downtown Business Assistance Center (BAC) located at 827 7th Street, Room 102, Sacramento, CA 95814.
Pre-Scheduled Appointments are available between 8:30 AM and 12:00 PM, and walk-in hours are between 1:00 PM and 3:30 PM on the days public counter services are offered. The BAC receptionist can assist in placing you on the walk-in queue that opens at 1:00 PM. To ensure same day service, we recommend checking in by 3:00 PM. Late check-ins may not be able to be accommodated if there are several customers already in the queue. All walk-ins will be served on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that counter services are not available for the County Tree Program, Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance/Landscape Plan questions, the Mitigation Monitoring Program, or South Sacramento Habitat Conservation Plan questions. See "PER Appointments and Services Not Listed:" below for more information.
You can schedule an appointment using the link below. The following appointment types may be schedule:
- General inquiries (20 minutes)
- Affidavits, including DMV/HUD/ABC sign-offs (20 minutes)
- Application submittals for the following:
- Administrative permits (Minor Use Permits, Temporary Use Permits, Certificates of Non-Conforming Use, Zoning Verification Letters, Substantial Compliances, Research Requests, etc.) (30 minutes)
- Non-discretionary Design Review (30 minutes)
- Entitlements Non-Administrative (General Plan Amendments, Rezones, Use Permits, Special Development Permits, Tentative Maps, Development Plan Reviews, etc.) (60 minutes)
- Pre-application Meetings and Early Community Planning Advisory Council (CPAC) Workshops (20 minutes)
- Planning review of over-the-counter building permit sign-off/review by PER only. You must have a building permit Control Number (CBNR, CBNC, APPR, MISC, etc.) for this type of permit (20 minutes)
Please prepare to arrive on time for your appointment. Arrivals later than 5 minutes from the scheduled appointment time are subject to cancellation.
The online appointment system is only for the above listed PER appointment types for properties located in the unincorporated areas of the County. For other services provided by PER, please see the links below.
PER Appointments and Services Not Listed Above
Many general questions can be answered by reviewing our FAQ page. Please see our other services listed below:
- Projects in process that have been assigned a County Control Number: please contact the assigned planner for any questions, to submit additional or requested materials, or to schedule an in-person or remote meeting. Contact us at (916) 874-6141 if you do not know who the assigned planner is. A Control Number is needed to determine the assigned planner.
- Tree Permits Submittal procedures and Building Permit Tree Holds – visit our Tree webpage - Trees@saccounty.gov.
- Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (WELO) and landscape plans – Landscape@saccounty.gov.
- Mitigation Monitoring & Reporting Program (MMRP) – MMRP@saccounty.gov.
- South Sacramento Habitat Conservation Plan (SSHCP) - SSHCP@saccounty.gov.
- All other inquires and services call (916) 874-6141