Setback requirements for the construction of new structures or for the modification of existing structures depends on the Zoning and proposed use of the structure. Please contact the subject address and/or the Assessor Parcel Number of the subject property along with a brief project description and staff will respond to your e-mail as soon as possible with the applicable setback information. Below is a listing of the most commonly referenced Development Standards Sections below along with the appropriate Zoning Code Section:
- Single-Family Development Standards (Section 5.4.2.B.)
- Accessory Structures and Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU) Development Standards (Section 5.4.5.F.)
- Accessory Structures in Agricultural and Agricultural Residential Zones (Section 5.3.2.A.)
- Multifamily Development Standards (Section 5.4.3.B.)
- Commercial Development Standards (Section 5.5.2.A.)
- Industrial Development Standards (Section 5.6.2.A.)
Please note that if your project is located within a Neighborhood Preservation Area, Special Planning Area, Specific Plan, Combining Zone, or Planned Unit Development your setbacks may be different than the standards listed in the Zoning Code sections listed above.